The Library is taking part in a County-wide photo/video campaign in support of our diverse community. #ITSTARTS is a public awareness campaign designed to encourage community stakeholders to engage in proactive steps towards addressing racism and discrimination in Simcoe County.
Pick up your pledge cards for the #ITSTARTS campaign at the Library. While you’re here, fill in a leaf about yourself for our Diversity Tree.
Here’s more information, from the Simcoe County Local Immigration Partnership:
How to get involved:
When: The campaign runs from June 1 – 30, 2017
Who: Everyone. The Pledge is open to everyone living/working/visiting in Simcoe County.
1) Pick up a pledge card from your local library branch, download a digital copy from simcoe.ca/ITSTARTS, or request copies from the Local Immigration Partnership (email@example.com).
2) Take a photo of yourself or group holding the pledge card and show your support by making the cards visible (office fronts, work spaces, etc.).
3) Share the photo on social media (Twitter @simcoecounty and Facebook @CountyofSimcoe) using #ITSTARTS.
4) Take a short video (no more than 30 seconds in length). The video should be about how you are taking action against racism or discrimination, the value of diversity, or how diversity strengthens Simcoe County. Share the video on social media using #ITSTARTS.
5) Educate yourself. Visit simcoe.ca/ITSTARTS for definitions and resources on how to take safe and purposeful action against racism and discrimination. Information is geared to a wide-range of community sectors.
As Simcoe County continues to grow and diversify, the pledge sends a positive message that Simcoe County is a healthy and welcoming community to live, work, and play.
Join us in the pledge campaign and encourage friends, family members, colleagues, and community leaders to participate. There is strength in numbers!