The Bradford West Gwillimbury Local History Association meets regularly at the Library. Membership is $10 per year for one person, $15 for a family membership. For information about the Association, contact Co-Chair: Jeane Blommaert at 795-456-1870 or email@example.com. The Local History Association will meet on the following dates in 2017 (at the Library unless otherwise noted):
- Saturday, January 28; 2:00 pm in the Boardroom
History of BWG Libraries with Peter Wilson
- Saturday, February 25; 2:00 pm in the Boardroom
Stories of the Canal project 2010 – 2016 with Frank Jonkman Jr.
- Saturday, March 25; 2:00 pm in the Boardroom
AGM and Museum on the Boyne with Kate Huddleston
- Saturday, April 22; 2:00 pm in the Baordroom
BWG Water and Wastewater Evolution with Brad Sullivan
- Saturday, May 27; 2:00 pm in the Boardroom
Leslie F. Wilcox, M.D. with Karon Mills
- Sunday, June 4;
Heritage Home Tour
- Saturday, August 19:
- Saturday, September 23; 2:00 pm in the Boardroom
Barrie History Archive with Travis Doucette
- Thursday, October 26; 7:00 pm in the Zima Room
1967 Picture Show with Franz Aschwanden
- Saturday, November 25; 2:00 pm in the Boardroom
Reminiscences of Bradford with Nancy Zajacz
- Thursday, December 7; 6:00 – 9:00 pm in the Zima Room
The Association is selling copies of the two volume set Governor Simcoe Slept Here. These books tell the story of the churches, schools and hamlets and the many activities that characterized the lifestyle of West Gwillimbury in the past. The family stories – that might otherwise have been lost – are now documented. This compilation of local history research is available for purchase from the Library (ask at Borrower Services) or from Bill Marks (905-775-6179). The cost is $55.
The Association is currently fundraising for the restoration of the Auld Kirk. Make a donation to help maintain the building for future educational and religious events. Charitable receipts will be given for income tax purposes. No amount is too small. Contact Bill Marks at 905-775-6179.