Interlibrary Loan or Purchase Requests
If there is an item you would like that is not currently in our collection, you can fill out the form below to request it. We will attempt to borrow it from another library or purchase it for our collection.
Please provide your contact information so we can reach you when the item arrives at the library.
Unfortunately, not all requested books can be located or purchased. Please be patient, as it may take a few weeks for items to arrive at our library.
Summer vacations during August and September may impact the speed of processing requests. Thank you for your patience over the next few weeks.
Interlibrary loan request terms and conditions:
- This service is available to all Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library users with a valid library card.
- Patrons must check our library database to ensure that we do NOT own the requested title before making an interlibrary loan request.
- Items that may not be borrowed include reference items, text books, or current bestsellers. If the material was published in the last 6 months, it might not be available.
- Many libraries do not loan videos, DVDs, CDs, or audio books.
- Overdue charges for loans are $1.00 a day per item (to a maximum of $10.00), excluding days the Library is closed.
- One-week renewals should be requested 3 – 5 days before the due date.
- All academic and special libraries charge a fee between $10-$25 for a 3 week loan period.
- Patrons will be informed by email or phone when their item(s) have arrived.
- Interlibrary loan items can take a couple of weeks to a couple of months to arrive.