We offer electronic books (eBooks) and electronic audiobooks (eAudio) from several sources. Some are downloadable to your computer, eReader, portable player, phone or tablet. Others can be accessed online. You can find your eAudio and eBooks in our catalogue, or by directly accessing the collections through the links on this page.
If you have questions about eBooks or eAudiobooks, please call the Information Desk at (905) 775-3328 extension 6109.
PULSE offers eBooks and eAudiobooks downloadable to your computer, portable player, phone or tablet. It requires the free download of the Overdrive Media Console and may also require Adobe Digital Editions. Borrowing these electronic materials also requires the authorization of your device with a free Adobe or Overdrive account. For complete details, visit Getting Started with OverDrive.
Looking for instructions for a specific device?
- iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod)
- Kobo Vox or Arc
- Windows-based PCs and laptops
- Older Kobo Models [pdf]
- Sony Reader [pdf]
OneClickdigital is a additional source for eBooks. OneClickdigital recommends that users download their Media Manager, but you can also choose to download their eBooks manually, to open in your preferred device. Apps are available for Android, and iPhone use as well.
- Manually Downloading and Transferring Titles to your Device
- Downloading and Transferring Titles on Your Mac via the OneClickdigital Media Manager
- Manually Downloading and Transferring Titles on Your Mac
- eAudiobooks downloadable to your computer, portable player, phone or tablet (a free download of Ebsco’s Download Manager is required)
- Ebsco’s Audiobook Help page is found here
- eBooks downloadable to your computer, eReader, smartphone or tablet (a free download of Adobe Digital Editions may be required)
- Create a free EBSCO account (click the Sign In link on the EBSCOhost site and click the Create New Account link)
- Create an Adobe ID and authorize your computer with it in order to transfer to your eReader
- some eBooks are available for online reading only
- Ebsco’s eBook Help page is found here
GRAPHIC NOVELS AND COMICS
The Library is pleased to offer over 16,000 graphic novels and comics from 93 publishers through our subscription to Comics Plus. Patrons require a free RB Digital account, which also provides access to our digital magazine collection from Zinio for Libraries. If you have already created a Zinio account, you may use the same account to access Comics Plus. To continue, visit the collection here.
AudioBookCloud.com allows you to listen to your favorite audio books with just a click of a button. Listen online to audio books in many different categories: fiction, non-fiction, classics and even Spanish language audio books!There are 1,000 books in the collection and we’re always adding more! These books are always available, never on hold, and no need to download.
An online collection of Sesame Street ebooks, some with animation and audio.
TumbleBookLibrary is a collection of animated, talking picture books, reading comprehension quizzes, educational games, and teacher resources. Kids can follow along in the text while hearing their favourite stories read aloud.
With over 300 titles and reading levels from grades 3-8, TumbleBookCloud Junior is a great option for adventurous young readers who wish to go beyond the picture book collection in TumbleBookLibrary! TumbleBookCloud Junior contains early reader chapter books, children’s classics, graphic novels, children’s audio books and new National Geographic videos – many of which are paired with e-books.
TumbleBookCloud contains a vast array of YA/Teen novels, classics, poetry, short stories, YA/Teen audiobooks, our very popular graphic novels, and world class educational videos from National Geographic.