Our Library strives to be accessible to all. Staff members have received customer service training in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) in order to provide exceptional service to everyone, including people with disabilities. We are guided in our accessibility planning by the Bradford West Gwillimbury Multi-Year Accessibility Plan 2013-2018.
Our facilities are up to date with the latest standards including:
- Five priority parking spaces,
- Wide doorways and automatic door openers at both entrances,
- Wide aisles between book shelves,
- Accessible washrooms at the library’s entrance and on the first and second floors. There is also a family washroom on the first floor,
- An elevator for movement between floors,
- Large format keyboard for use in our public computer lab,
- Two VictorReader DAISY playback devices, one of which was generously supplied by the Friends of the Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library.
- Height adjustable self-checkouts.
Look on the left side of every page on our site for toggle switches to convert the site to high contrast or grayscale, or to increase the size of website text.
For keyboard navigation, you’ll find quick links at the top of every page that allow you to skip directly to the main content of any page, the navigation menu or our site map. Drop down menus and menu highlighting allow you to access and select pages from anywhere within the navigation menus.
Our website is a portal to all our online resources. From home you can borrow ebooks, eaudiobooks, and popular emagazines, as well as stream movies, and access useful student and consumer databases.
The library offers a wide range of materials in alternate formats for customers with visual impairments, physical disabilities and learning disabilities.
- Large Print Books
- Literacy Collection
- EBooks, eAudiobooks
- CELA Deposit collection
The Library offers Homebound service to borrowers who are unable to come to the library due to infirmity or disability. This service is offered to residents of Bradford West Gwillimbury who have no other means of picking up and returning library materials, and no friends or relatives available to deliver materials for them.
CELA Collection and Services
The Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library maintains a continually growing Centre for Equitable Library Access Program (CELA) deposit collection including DAISY audiobooks and magazines. These can be borrowed for 6 weeks at a time and can be renewed once. At present, the Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library owns two VictorReader DAISY playback device. One of these devices was generously supplied by the Friends of the Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library. These can be borrowed for 3 months at a time and cannot be renewed. For more information about our collection of titles in Daisy Reader format, registration in CELA programs and assistance, please visit our CELA page.
Other Assistive Devices
The Library also has a large format keyboard for use in our public computer lab as well as a magnifying glass available from the 1st Floor Information Desk.
Please let us know if:
- you have suggestions for improving the accessibility of our building, website or services
- you have feedback regarding the accessibility of our building, website or services
- you would like to request documents in an accessible format, or have other accommodation needs
By phone: (905) 775-3328, ext 6100
By email using our contact form.
In person at the Borrower Services Desk.